2018 Muller Brazil Scholars – $1,000 AWARD
A commitment to education and supporting the community is a core value at Muller Brazil. In addition to our pro bono and philanthropic efforts, our lawyers value education and understand that obtaining an education is the pathway to success for many students.
As attorneys, we all have earned both undergraduate degrees as well as successfully completed a rigorous three-year Juris Doctorate before being eligible to sit for the Bar Exam. Through these experiences, we have come to understand the financial burdens associated with obtaining an education beyond high school, which is why we are pleased to announce that we will be awarding a $1,000 college scholarship to each winner of our newly created essay contest. By creating this award, we hope to help the next generation of students realize their educational and professional goals. In order to be considered for a $1,000 college scholarship, applicants must submit a 500-word essay answering the question below.
The Muller Brazil educational scholarship is open to individuals who are currently attending or are planning to attend an accredited United States college, university or graduate college/university during the Fall 2018 semester.
In order to participate, applicants must submit a 500-word essay answering the question posed at the bottom of this page as an attachment to [email protected] (see uploading details below). In addition, applicants must provide the following information:
- The name of the institution where they are currently attending or planning to attend in the Fall of 2018.
- If the applicant is under 18, a signed note from a parent or legal guardian giving consent to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must include their name, email address, and phone number.
- To ensure that the application is reviewed in a timely manner, it is essential that all requirements be submitted by the deadline of May 1, 2018.
- Applications should be uploaded to the website through the form below.
- By submitting the application and essay response, applicants grant Muller Brazil permission to publish the winning essay on its website or social media profiles, including Facebook. The winner will be identified by first name only.
Your Essay Question:
The United States spends more than any other nation on healthcare by an exceedingly significant amount. Do we have a moral obligation to provide healthcare to everyone as needed or is healthcare a commodity that should be subject to the same marketplace influences as other commodities?