The Reality of Vaccine Related Injuries
Each year, thousands of people across the country suffer from a vaccine injury or adverse reaction. In fact, flu shot injuries are one of the most common types of vaccine injuries. Flu shots and other vaccines can result in shoulder injuries and various nerve injuries (Guillain-Barre Syndrome, brachial neuritis, etc.). In addition, severe allergic reactions may occur.
In these cases, the injured person may recover compensation through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, a special program set up by the federal government to compensate individuals who suffer an injury due to a vaccine.
Our law firm focuses almost exclusively on vaccine injury claims. Here are three things to know about a vaccine injury claim:
- Attorney’s fees are paid by the program. The injured individual never pays any attorney’s fees or other litigation fees.
- Court hearings may not be necessary. In most cases, the claim will be litigated and settled without attending a single hearing. Trials rarely occur.
- The vast majority of claims are successful. Our firm has a 98% success rate in winning compensation for vaccine injury cases.
What types of injuries and conditions have been linked to vaccines?
The list below depicts some of the various injuries, illnesses, and reactions that have been linked to vaccines. This list is not exhaustive. Therefore, if you suffered an injury or illness after vaccination that is not contained below, you still may have a claim. The only way to be sure is to speak with a vaccine attorney.
- Shoulder Injury (SIRVA)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Brachial Neuropathy
- Ulnar Neuropathy
- Anaphylactic Reaction
- Transverse Myelitis
- Parsonage-Turner syndrome
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Hearing loss
What to do if you suffer a vaccine injury
- Call a doctor as soon as possible. Some vaccine reactions can be life-threatening if left untreated.
- After any reaction, tell your doctor what happened, the date and time it happened, and where the vaccination was given.
- Ask your doctor to file a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) form, or call VAERS yourself at 1-800-822-7967.
- Contact a vaccine lawyer to determine whether you are entitled to compensation from the National Vaccine Injury Trust Fund.
If you or someone you know may be the victim of a vaccine injury, call the attorneys at My Vaccine Lawyer for a free consultation. Our attorneys are experienced and dedicated to representing victims of vaccine injuries and reactions throughout the country. To speak with an experienced vaccine attorney, please contact us at (800) 229-7704.